Dun and Bradstreet is an American corporation that provides information on commercial credit. They also provide data regarding business reports and, most importantly, their Data Universal Numbering System or DUNS numbers. A DUNS number identifies a company’s Dun & Bradstreet business credit file, that includes company data, such as name, address, phone number, but also corporate family relationships, like headquarters, branches, subsidiaries. In addition, scores and ratings that assess different financial health indicators are available.
The FintechOS Dun and Bradstreet Connector offers financial institutions an elaborate overview on businesses though corporate analysis, insights, and analytics. Once integrated in a digital journey, the API connector can be used to search and retrieve the following data:
- Company matches in the Dun and Bradstreet database through the Company Lookup method. This method allows finding a company by DUNS number or many other parameters such as name, address, contact information, and others.
- Businesses’ detailed profiles from basic information to business intelligence such as executive data, financial statements, and more. These details are exposed through the Company Profiles method.
- Entities related to the company like the full family tree can also be retrieved by using the Corporate Linkage method.
When accessed from a digital journey, the Dun and Bradstreet Connector allows financial institutions or creditors to verify a company’s creditworthiness. It can be further enhanced via FintechOS Studio adapting it to business requirements. The result is a fully functional and personalized searching tool that collects the needed information in a few steps.
The Dun and Bradstreet Connector can be added to a digital journey to help simplify the search process in the following operations: collecting general information about companies, their legal representatives such as administrators or stakeholders, or analyzing companies’ detailed profiles.
The FintechOS Dun and Bradstreet Connector offers the possibility of accessing and retrieving company information from the Dun and Bradstreet site. This site examines and stores company information such as general company information, credit reports, and other analysis.
Through the Dun and Bradstreet Connector, financial institutions can easily gather company information to speed up SME onboarding processes, Know Your Customer verifications, and so on.
- Company Lookup
The DUNS Company Lookup method searches the Dun and Bradstreet database for a company match. The search can be made essentially by the company’s DUNS number but other parameters can be used as well. For example: company name, email address, postal code, and so on.
- Company Profiles
The DUNS Corporate Linkage method searches the Dun and Bradstreet database for basic marketing information such as business name, address, phone number, or trade style. It also includes business intelligence such as executive names and titles, number of employees, import or export code, branch indicator, and so on.
- Corporate Linkage
The DUNS Corporate Linkage method searches the Dun and Bradstreet database for relationships between businesses for an elaborate overview of a business’s structure or risk areas.
More details here.
1. Obtain the Dun and Bradstreet user name and password.
2. Install the package from the App Store on an environment FintechOS 188.8.131.52 and above with the Studio, Portal and B2C Portal configured. For details on B2C, see Setting B2C Environment.
3. Configure the JobServer. For information regarding FTOS JobServers, see the JobServer section from the Core DPA Platform 2 Administration Guide.